One would naturally associate summer with the ocean and warm inland accommodation with fire places and great views, with winter.
Being so close to the ocean in the surrounding area of the coastal village of Gansbaai, I want to to share reasons to break away by the ocean in winter.
1. To fall asleep with the sound of waves breaking is just so peaceful
2. The mirage of endless water, whales breaching and a hike in the chilly air clears the soul and refresh the mind
3. More than half of the houses in our portfolio have indoor fireplaces or/and indoor braai areas.
4. Winter is the best time for shark cage diving as the visibility of the water is at it’s purest
5. There is more than 50 wine estates in the area.
6. The colour of the Fynbos and local Flora’s bright colour is absolutely beautiful in winter.
7. Birkenhead Brewerey with delightful artisan beer, as well as many wine estates such as Lomond Wine Estate, Walker Bay, Black Oystercatcher is some of my favourite wine farms in the area.
8. Little quaint towns in the area that got lost in time such as Baardskeerdersbos. I would recommend Marietjie’s pub and restaurant for lunch or even dinner. It truly is an experience.
9. The two local harbours and quay are just unequivalented for a romantic walk, photographer with fishing trawlers gently rocking at their moorings displaying their bright colours like highway billiard posters.
10. Local cuisine that taunts the taste buds for more.
11. Bird life is extraordinary here in Walker Bay Coast.
12. Animal rehab centres: penquin sanctuary, Panthera Africa that is a rehab for panthers.
13. Cave hikes: a series of amazing sea caves on the sea cliff that is the amazing.
14. Its a proven fact that swimming daily in cold sea water slows down aging and is very good for your general health.
15. This truly is a photographer’s paradise with extroardinary photo opportunities.
Global Country Reservations has approximately 30 self catering houses ranging from family to luxury accommodation in the Gansbaai, Franskraal, Kleinbaai, De Kelders area. Contact us for further information on accommodation. We can also inform and in some cases guide you to the local hidden treasures of the area. I forgot to mention you can even have “cake by the ocean” to the tunes of DNCE.
We take credit cards.